- Information Technology, Master of Science May 2009 – September 2010
Robert Morris University, Chicago, Illinois
- Computer Engineering, Bachelor of Science January 2001 – February 2005
DeVry University, Chicago, Illinois
- MCPS: Microsoft Certified Professional License F091-0280
- MCP 70-461 Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012/2014
- MCITP: Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Administrator License D674-7996
- Pending Microsoft Certified Trainer(Waiting on Instructional skill verification)
- Pending 70-463 Implementing a Data Warehouse (Exam Scheduled)
Manager, Database Administration December 2015 – Present
Fay Servicing , Chicago, Illinois
- Responsible for all aspects of the Fay data environment, including: performance tuning, reliability and uptime, production support, regular maintenance, security, change management, database design and architecture, and data vending.
- Implemented alerting and backup strategy to ensure that the data environment is fully recoverable in the event of catastrophic failure.
- Maintains database integrity by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Conducts regular capacity planning; prepares for database expansion by studying business plans and requirements.
- Used SQL Server Dynamic Views to diagnose and resolve performance and configuration issues with in the data environment.
- Optimized ETL Processes to reduce overall executions time by 50% over two months by optimizing SSIS projects and tuning ad-hoc queries and stored procedures.
- Collaborates with development teams to ensure project data dependencies are met.
- Responsible for implementation of Database architecture standards, database backup and recovery guidelines, monitoring database server performance statistics and implementing methods for improving these.
- Provide greater visibility into system up time by creating custom reporting and notifications using SQL Server native functionality.
SQL Developer April 2015 – October 2016
Global View Software, Chicago, Illinois
- Provide level 2 support for MarketView a financial trading software application resolving issues that are not fixable via the User Interface.
- Design and develop SQL procedures and tune query performance.
- Designed developed and implemented system correction project to implement data tracking and logging across 50 SQL databases. This projected required the creation of SSIS packages, stored procedures, views, triggers and tables using SSMS.
- Use T-SQL to create stored procedures to be used with SSRS reports.
- Updated and moved over 1 billion rows in single table on a single instance.
- Analyzed bugs in SQL triggers and stored procedures to correct data issues.
- Created SSIS packages to move data across domains to ensure data was synced across environments.
- Document database design and implementation (flowcharts, user training manuals and data models).
- Implemented over 10 ETL projects that imported and cleaned data to be used by the MarketView software.
- Created bat files to download data from external locations to be used in ETL processes.
- Created and deployed SQL Azure database using the Microsoft Azure platform. This included the creation of the database instance and all database objects.
Product Support Developer October 2012 – April 2015
Knowledge Advisors a CEB Company, Chicago, Illinois
- Understood complex architectures, analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of database/reporting application.
- Developed business requirements to aid in the development of systems to streamline workflow processes.
- Design and implement physical and logical models.
- Design and create workflow processes to streamline business processes and increase business productivity.
- Created database queries, triggers, user defined functions and stored procedures.
- Troubleshoot and step through C# code to identify defects and bugs using Visual Studio IDE.
- Use SQL profiler and Visual Studio 2012 to connect to applications and databases to find and resolved software and stored procedure bugs.
SQL Developer February 2012 – August 2012
Millennium Mat Company, Suwannee, Georgia
- Use SSIS and SSRS to load, transform and extract data from production and development databases.
- Create scripts and SSIS packages to perform ETL for data PassBack’s and other administrative task.
- Debug and resolve logical error in complex stored procedures.
- Installed and configure and maintained database server test environments.
- Develop advance reports for business units using BIDS, Access, and Crystal Reports.
- Export and convert reports developed with Crystal Reports versions 7 and 8.5 to SSRS reports.
- Develop meaningful reports and extracts information based on functional analyst needs from backend database systems
Customer Engineer July 2010 – February 2012
Unisys at Microsoft Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
- Created value for customers through production support and researching ways to improve product usability.
- Responsible for automation tooling, installation time and the user experience
- Implement, test, document approved approaches and bring to market
- Used SQL Server 2008 to create development machine for ticking system integrations.
- Used SSMS and BIDS to create ad hoc reporting on department metrics.
Customer Support Specialist February 2008 – July 2010
Siemens at Microsoft Corporation, Chicago, Illinois
- Performed support programs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
- Handled emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
Customer Support Specialist August 2006 – February 2008
Siemens at Washington Mutual, Chicago, Illinois
- Performed technical support programs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that automation system is properly maintained and operating correctly.
PC Technician, Contractor June 2006 – July 2006
Abbott Labs, Chicago, Illinois
PC Technician, Student Intern December 2005 – May 2006
Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois
- Motivated and dedicated to getting the job done right the first time.
- Ability to multi-task in high pressure situations and manage time well.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain the ability to understand business problems and provide technical solutions.
- High technical aptitude with the ability to understand and master new technologies and concepts.
- Work well with teams or independently and always maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to use applications such as Visio, PowerPoint and Project to communicate ideas and technologies.